We’ve all seen the inspirational quotes on a beautiful background, and generally agree that those things are good and make sense. But, once we read them… do any of us actually do anything that closely resembles what we just saw. Probably not. So what can we really do to better ourselves and make good on all that inspiration? Here are five things you can do TODAY to be a better person (in no particular order):
- Smile. Whether you feel like it or not smile, at yourself, at a situation, or at the shape of a cloud. Do it at least once an hour.
- Help someone in something, anything! open the door, help them carry something, really anything.
- Give a compliment. Be sincere, don’t force it and don’t expect to get anything in return. One compliment is enough.
- Clean up your work space. Whether it’s in an office, home or school. Tidy up, organize and be clean, you’ll enjoy it and others will notice.
- Look good. Wear what makes you feel and look good. Do it for yourself and no one else. Be yourself and relish it!
That’s it! These are simple steps that anyone can do and don’t require any extra resources, all you need is courage and the willingness to do them.